Thursday, December 22, 2016

I'm still here :)

Yes, I'm still here and still drawing....just! It's been a strange few years....

I started a new job back in June 2014, and I haven't looked back since. My previous job had become very stressful and, without fully realising it, I had become very anxious and depressed. That previous job was with a company (herein referred to as "that awful company") that had bought out the company I was working with a few years earlier - a company I had a lot of respect and admiration for....despite eventually being made redundant!! (This was circa 2003.) So going back to my old position under this "new" company, I was full of hope and naivety that things would be as they were before.

How wrong I was! Eight years later and I just wanted to quit. "That awful company" had managed to turn what was a great software product and development team (I'm a programmer, by the way) into a complete mess, causing grief, turmoil and animosity along the way. I won't go into details, but I found out first hand how a company that is "top heavy" with management just gets caught up in bureaucracy and red tape and eventually loses its best staff....and I AM including myself as one of those staff.

Rant over. I don't want to think about "that awful company" any more! But I am getting to a point. I am now with a company that knows what software development is all about. The staff are friendly, the product is brilliant (IMO) and I am in a better place (mentally) again.

And so....my creative side is starting to reveal itself once more. I lost the will to keep drawing during my time with "that awful company", but that will is coming back. I am enjoying the creative process again!

Anyway....here are two new pieces I created (fairly) recently. They were both done for my family; one for my parents and one for my sister.


Harlech Bear
Harry's Diet

No comments: